If you look at my topic very well, you will think I am repeating one thing, NO!!
They are two items
- The Christian
The first one is the Bible Christian, –
- The one that started at the foot of Calvary
- The one that has the joy of sins being forgiven.
- The one that has the Spirit of the living God bearing witness with his spirit that he is a child of God.
- The one that demons can say “… Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?” Acts 19:15
- The one that has the evidence of sonship surging through him.
- The one that loves his God above names, positions, money, education and any other things.
- The one that will like to do anything to please his Master.
- The one that knows that heaven is his home and that he is just passing through this world.
- The one that sees discipline and commitment to Christ and His course as the only purpose of life.
- The one that can do anything, go anywhere and give anything for the sake of Christ.
This one is the Christian.
Do these descriptions describe you?
If not, then you are on the other side that I want to talk about now.
“Christian” take note that I put quotation marks.
Who is this “Christian”?
- He goes to church
- He is very regular in church activities.
- He participates in almost every event in the church.
- He gives where people can see him.
- He prays more in the church and among other church members than on his own.
- He prides in his bible knowledge, he can freely quote many passages of the bible.
- He is close to many church leaders he is easily promoted in the church.
- He is not free from sin. – He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. 1 John 3:8
- His love for God is based on things.
- His commitment to God and to the work of God is for gain.
- His prayers are more on physical things and what he can get from
- He does not fully stand on the verse that says – “…It is more blessed to give than to receive.” Acts 20:35
- He believes that his work of righteousness will recommend him to God.
If any of these describe you, the you have to go back to Calvary.
1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Let us reason together –
1 John 3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
1 John 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
- Are your treasures laid in this world or in heaven?
- Is your heart on the things of this world or on HIM?
- Do you love the creatures more than the Creator?
If you judge yourself, you shall not be judged. – For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. 1 Corinthians 11:31