John 8:29 And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.
John 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.
We have come to Christmas period when we celebrate Christ’s birth with drinking, eating, dressing and a lot of other crimes. Why did Jesus come?
Christ our perfect example did not come to the world for nothing or for fun fair. He was sent of the Father just as we are sent. Jesus left His glory above to this sin-soaked world to come and rescue humanity and as He was going away, He said “as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.” John 20:21. We are to learn from His purpose of coming so that we can follow His steps. 1 Peter 2:21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:
Jesus came to: –
- Save from sin Matthew 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
- Call sinners to repentance Matthew 9:13 But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
Luke 5:32 I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
- Save from destruction Luke 9:56 For the Son of man is not come to destroy men’s lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.
- Redeem from iniquity Titus 2:14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
- Seek and save the lost Luke 19:10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.
- Put away sin Hebrews 9:26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.
- Suffer for men 1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
- Ransom men 1 Timothy 2:6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.
- Deliver from evil Galatians 1:4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:
- Give abundant life John 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
- Bear sicknesses 1 Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
- Be a light to the world John 12:46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.
- Give eternal life John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
- Bring grace and truth John 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
- Do God’s will John 6:38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
- Destroy Satan’s work 1 John 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
- Be an example 1 Peter 1:21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.
- Die for sins Galatians 1:4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:
- Purify unto Himself a peculiar people Titus 2:14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
As we are thinking of celebrating Christmas, we must be personally involved in making the coming of Jesus into the world a reality and we must be true ambassadors of Jesus Christ. Live only for Christ
“as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.” John 20:21.