In this perilous time, we need to know God and His word.
- Numbers 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?
- 2 Kings 10:10 Know now that there shall fall unto the earth nothing of the word of the LORD, which the LORD spake concerning the house of Ahab: for the LORD hath done that which he spake by his servant Elijah.
- Jeremiah 1:12 Then said the LORD unto me, Thou hast well seen: for I will hasten my word to perform it.
- Mark 13:31 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.
- John 10:35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
These passages of scripture make us to know that the word of God cannot change
To sinner, God said
- Psalms 9:17 The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.
- Proverbs 11:21 Though hand join in hand, the wicked shall not be unpunished: but the seed of the righteous shall be delivered.
- Ezekiel 18:4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.
- Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
As we look at the word of God that is called –
- The Scriptures
- Holy Writ
- Word of God
It comes to us in various forms and ways. It can come through reading the Bible, through listening to a message, by God sending somebody to tell us or by God speaking directly to us.
Whichever way God used, it is His WORD, which had been passed to us, and it cannot be broken
The WORD of a man is the man. The WORD of a man carries all his authorities behind the man and all the power the man has. The way you see the man is the way you will see his WORD.
WHO IS GOD?
- The creator of heaven and earth
- The Almighty
- The One you cannot see and still sees you
- The One who is the All- Wise
The WORD of a man carries the authority of the man, and then the WORD of God carries the authorities of God.
We do not have too much problem with the recognizing that the WORD of God carries the authorities of God but we do not know God. How much of God do you know? Do you know God?
- If Balaam knew God, he would not behave as he did.
- If Pharaoh knew God, he would not be stubborn to God
- If Saul knew God, he would not do what he did and he would not have died the way he died.
- Can we say Solomon knew God?
- Did Judas know God?
Do you know God?
- If you know God and His WORD says – …and God is angry with the wicked every day. Psalms 7:11– you will quickly repent.
- If you know God and the Bible says – For the wages of sin is death – you will run away from sin right away
- When God talks, it may seams unreasonable to us because we are judging it with our small brain, remember that He created our brains. When God talks, it may look unrealistic and impossible because we do not know Him enough and we are always comparing God with ourselves, which is a great error.
- If we know that “the scripture cannot be broken”, our lives will change.
- If we know that, “Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.”, we will live better, talk better and enjoy this very life.
- The man who believes in aggression does not know the word of God – he that believeth shall not make haste.
- If you know His word, you will never be in a hurry over anything, you will never panic because of anything and you will learn to relax and fear will have no place in your life.
- If God has not talked concerning any issue, pray and seek the face of God until He will talk. Immediately He talks, stand there and say like the prophets of old, “thus saith the Lord”.
- When you hear the WORD of God, do not hold it lightly or judge it with your knowledge or experience, it is God’s word.
- It is like a living seed, plant it on a good watered soil and it will grow.
We shall consider a case study of the famine in Samaria at the time of prophet Elisha.
2Kings 6& 7
- There was extreme poverty, lack, want and insecurity, to the point that people were eating their own children and buying the dung of a turtledove to eat.
- Humanly speaking, there was no solution in sight.
- Elisha prophecy Super-abundance by that time the following day
- The prophecy was against common sense
- God who gave the WORD worked out the details
- God has different ways of handling enemies, He made them afraid by making them to hear what was not there and they ran away – flee for life
- The general of the army could not see how the prophecy could be fulfilled.
- If you cannot see or understand something, it is better to stand and wait – wait and see approach.
- The second prophecy was on the general and it was worked out
- When we see the cases how they happened, we can learn some lessons from them.
- Your case is not without a solution from God.
- Do not see problems with your eyes or mind.
- Do not underestimate what God can do.
- The king and people of Israel at this time were idolaters but Grace covered them and brought the superabundance to them.
- God can use any means and practically anybody to carry out His assignment.
- The whole thing look like a joke and God has not changed.