LORD BREAK THE POWERS OF MY TORMENTORS
John 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
Tormentors are real. They are the messengers of Satan to inflect injuries on us.
ACTIONS OF TORMENTORS
- They cause havoc, sorrow, pains, shame and they make us to shed tears.
- They make us to receive disappointments, unfulfilled visions and vain promises
- They release failure at the edge of success
- They make life to become a mirage
- They reduce us in status; image and we cannot stand with our mates who are no more our equals
- They make life so bitter so that there is nothing to rejoice about.
- They mess-up our lives so that some even cannot see anything good in life.
- They cause untimely death
God is still the Almighty who is able to deliver every one that cry for His help. Jesus said, “I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
We shall see some cases in the Bible
Exo 1: 13 And the Egyptians made the children of Israel to serve with rigour:
14 And they made their lives bitter with hard bondage, in morter, and in brick, and in all manner of service in the field: all their service, wherein they made them serve, was with rigour.
Pharaoh and his people were the tormentors for the Israelites. They made their lives bitter until they cried unto the Lord who sent Moses to deliver them.
GIDEON’S TIME –
Jdg 6:1 And the children of Israel did evil in the sight of the LORD: and the LORD delivered them into the hand of Midian seven years. 2 And the hand of Midian prevailed against Israel: and because of the Midianites the children of Israel made them the dens which are in the mountains, and caves, and strong holds. 3 And so it was, when Israel had sown, that the Midianites came up, and the Amalekites, and the children of the east, even they came up against them; 4 And they encamped against them, and destroyed the increase of the earth, till thou come unto Gaza, and left no sustenance for Israel, neither sheep, nor ox, nor ass. 5 For they came up with their cattle and their tents, and they came as grasshoppers for multitude; for both they and their camels were without number: and they entered into the land to destroy it. 6 And Israel was greatly impoverished because of the Midianites; and the children of Israel cried unto the LORD. 7 And it came to pass, when the children of Israel cried unto the LORD because of the Midianites,
Sin opened the doors for Satan and his tormentors to enter. The tormentors came in a merciless way and very ruthless. Satan and his agents are very merciless and wicked.
In the book of Esther, Haman tormented Mordecai and the Israelites to the point that a day was fixed to totally exterminate or eradicate all the Israelites. They cried to the Lord and the day that was programmed tor destruction for Mordecai became his day of promotion.
Act 12:1 Now about that time Herod the king stretched forth his hands to vex certain of the church. 2 And he killed James the brother of John with the sword. 3 And because he saw it pleased the Jews, he proceeded further to take Peter also. (Then were the days of unleavened bread.) 4 And when he had apprehended him, he put him in prison, and delivered him to four quaternions of soldiers to keep him; intending after Easter to bring him forth to the people.
Herod was hired by Satan as the tormentor for the church of the living God. He killed James and he happily wanted to kill Peter. The saints prayed and rescued Peter from his hands and he died a shameful death.
In all these cases the cry of the people brought deliverances to them. Never think that it might be God’s will for you to be tormented. Even if it was your sins that opened the doors for them to come, do not accept them, actions must be taken against them. Whatever sufferings you are going through in the hands of your tormentors, cry to the Lord and He will rescue you.
There are some actions we must personally take
- Repent of all known sins, sins hinder prayer and sin is the chain that Satan uses to bind sinners, so repent and come out of sin.
- Denounce and destroy satanic properties in your life
- Receive power to fight the very tormentors on your life – Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Luke 10:19
- Be bold and be ready to confront them as David confronted Goliath.
- Use the weapons that God has given you to fight. (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds😉 2 Corinthians 10:4
- Belief that you cannot fail
- Also, use the power in the name of Jesus – The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe. Proverbs 18:10
God has not changed and He will not change. If He helped those who called Him, He will help you. Now it is time to rise up to the challenge, you are able follow the instructions above and victory is yours in Jesus’ name.