God created man as a master piece and Satan came to destroy the man that is a super master of God’s
creation. Today, man has voluntarily become a slave of sin and he is at the mercies of Satan and the
demonic spirits for them to handle anyhow. If we can just know who we are and what we are capable of
doing, Satan will be put to shame in us and in our life forever.
1. REALIZE WHO YOU ARE
Self-recognizing is compulsory for any meaningful thing to be done in life. Failure, defeat and
disappointments are the result of not knowing who we are. You are not an accident in this world and
God has a program of success for your life – Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward
you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
Let us examine some area that can define us on the physical rhyme.
1. Who are you?
2. Who is your father/mother?
3. What tribe or nation are you from?
4. What ability or gift do you have?
5. What knowledge do you have?
There are positions we have that are natural and the greatest position is the spiritual position. You must
realize who you are in Christ if you are born again.
John 1: 12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even
to them that believe on his name:
John 8: 36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
Romans 8: 14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. 15. For ye
have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption,
whereby we cry, Abba, Father. 16. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the
children of God: 17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be
that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
2. KNOW YOUR POSITION
Judges 6:11 And there came an angel of the LORD, and sat under an oak which was in Ophrah,
that pertained unto Joash the Abiezrite: and his son Gideon threshed wheat by the winepress, to
hide it from the Midianites. 12. And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him, and said unto him,
The LORD is with thee, thou mighty man of valour. 13. And Gideon said unto him, Oh my Lord,
if the LORD be with us, why then is all this befallen us? and where be all his miracles which our
fathers told us of, saying, Did not the LORD bring us up from Egypt? but now the LORD hath
forsaken us, and delivered us into the hands of the Midianites. 14. And the LORD looked upon
him, and said, Go in this thy might, and thou shalt save Israel from the hand of the Midianites:
have not I sent thee?
We need to define our positions
1. The FALSE (Deceived) Position
Jdg 16:20 And she said, The Philistines be upon thee, Samson. And he awoke out of his sleep, and
said, I will go out as at other times before, and shake myself. And he wist not that the LORD was
departed from him. 21 But the Philistines took him, and put out his eyes, and brought him down to
Gaza, and bound him with fetters of brass; and he did grind in the prison house.
2. The IGNORANT Position – Gideon did not know who he was until God revealed it to him
because he was ignorant of his position.
3. The REALIZED Position Luke 15: 17 – 20 – the prodigal son is a good is a good
example of somebody who suddenly realized his position of sonship.
4. The BLESSED Position – this is the position of the redeemed if only they will realize it and
enjoy it. Let us see some examples of those who knew their positions and used them
I. David 1Samuel 17: 45 – 51; 26: 3 – 12 II. Elijah 1Kings 17: 1 – 4; 18: 22 – 39
III. The three Hebrew children Daniel 3: 16 – 30 IV. Elisha 2Kings 2: 13 – 15
V. Daniel Dan 1: 8 – 16; 2: 14 – 23; 6: 10 – 24 VI. Paul Acts 13: 6 – 12
3. KNOW THE PROMISES THAT REVEAL YOU
For you to know and operate in your blessed position, you need to know the word of God and the
promises that stand for you, we shall take few promises. As you read through them, meditate seriously
on them and stand where God stands.
1. Psalms 92:12 The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree: he shall grow like a cedar in
2. Psalms 2:8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost
parts of the earth for thy possession.
3. Isaiah 45:11 Thus saith the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker, Ask me of things to
come concerning my sons, and concerning the work of my hands command ye me.
4. Psalms 125:1 They that trust in the LORD shall be as mount Zion, which cannot be removed,
but abideth for ever. 2. As the mountains are round about Jerusalem, so the LORD is round about
his people from henceforth even for ever. 3. For the rod of the wicked shall not rest upon the lot
of the righteous; lest the righteous put forth their hands unto iniquity.
5. Psalms 138:8 The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O LORD, endureth
for ever: forsake not the works of thine own hands.
6. Psalms 121:4 Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
7. Psalms 1:3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit
in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
8. Psalms 84:11 For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no
good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.
9. Isaiah 54:17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall
rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD,
and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.
10. Zechariah 2:8 For thus saith the LORD of hosts; After the glory hath he sent me unto the nations
which spoiled you: for he that toucheth you toucheth the apple of his eye.
11. Hebrews 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things
as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.